Korean pop culture is sweeping all over Asian countries such as the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore. It is also very common for Korean pop girl group singers such as Girls Generation SNSD, Wonder Girls, 2NE1, Kara etc to debut in United States.
If you are dating a Korean woman, know which type of Korean girl you are dating.
- native Korean girl; grew up in korea or have spent her growing up years in Korea before migrating
- westernized Korean girl; basically it is like dating a typical western girl
- curious Korean girl; who is curious about anything foreign (be prepared to be ditched once the novelty has worn off)
If you are seeking to date a Korean girl who grew up in South Korea, she will tend to be more on the conservative side. When a native Korean girl dates a foreigner, it will be much more complicated due to social and cultural restrictions imposed on them. The Korean girl discussed here are referring to ‘native Korean girl’.
Tips when dating a Korean girl
Get to know each other well before getting serious. Take things slow and easy, thirty days would be a nice time frame for casual dating and just hanging out before getting into a serious relationship.
How to win over a Korean girl’s parents
If you are into a serious relationship with a Korean girl, you have to be prepared to overcome the obstacle of Korean girl’s parents especially if they are from older generation from Korea.
Why? The reason is because most of Korean parents disapprove their daughter dating a foreigner. Most Korean parents hope their children marry the same nationality and the family status play a very important decision when it comes to marriage.
If her family are from the elite privileged class (rich/highly influential), they expect their children to date and marry within their social circle. Many Korean marriages are still arranged between highly influential Korean families.
- Do not offer a handshake, just bow politely and say a few Korean greetings.
- when you eat with her parents, wait for the parents to eat first, it is basic Asian table manners and courtesy to respect the elder
Based on the Confucian teachings, Koreans place great emphasis on studying and becoming an important person in the society.
Where to find cute Korean girls for dating?
Make new friends with Real Korean women in Korea. Click picture below to sign up for a free membership in KoreanCupid